Sunday, August 6, 2017

Sunday Stitch Report #5, Birthday Edition

So, I had another birthday last week! Woohoooo!! I gotta say, I'm so happy and grateful to be alive, wrinkles and all! When I was a high schooler I doubted I'd see my 21st birthday, let alone make it to 46! My life has certainly had some strange twists and turns, I'm certainly not unique in having those types of experiences, but every twist and turn has led me here to this place in my life and I can honestly say that I'm the happiest and most content than I've ever been before. I am married to the love of my life, over 23 years now, and we have four precious daughters who light up our lives. How much more could a girl want, besides more fabric? And truth be told, I really do have more fabric than I'll probably ever use but had to throw that in there for the sake of humor ;-) Seriously though, I'm a woman who has it all! #loveisallthatmatters

Birthday pic with my #1 Fanboy in my sewing space...
HST's still on the wall, untrimmed.


The morning of my birthday I read a blog post from Becky over at Patchwork Posse about how to sew an easy, and oh sew fast, microwave potato bag. When I read it I knew I had the perfect fabric in my stash and as soon as I was done helping my dear husband with collecting rain water, you read that right, I got right to it and sewed one up lickety split. I'll elaborate more on the rain water later :-)



As for the quilt binding, I started hand finishing it yesterday...


...but got sidetracked with another side project that 
I started a few days ago with the trims from the quilt.


As per usual, to be continued!
Until next time,
Have a great week!

2 comments: